Thursday, January 13, 2011

Countdown To My Sister's Wedding...

Now that it's less than a month away (!) it's really starting to sink in that my little sister Amanda is really getting married! We are all really excited of course and looking forward to the big day, but I have to admit that it's been a bit hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of going to a wedding and "relaxing" - I kept trying to picture how I was going to be able to do all these things like setting up equipment while wearing a dress and heels (even just walking in heels is a challenge for me!) and actually had to be reminded that I'm not going to be the one setting anything up for once. As the older sister, it's also been my habit in the past to maybe be a bit on the bossy side (you other older sisters know what it's like..) so this had been a good experience for both of us I think, for me to learn how to back off and not make decisions, and to just be more of a "research and support"-type lady, and for her to listen to her own opinion and trust that she knows how to do it all perfectly. Phew! Who knew a wedding could be so much work when you aren't even "working" at it??

Some of the details I'm really excited about:

1. The fantastic venue - The Augusta House in Kensington market - not only does the place look super-swanky, but Kim the owner has been really great to work with
2. Getting hair and make-up done by my favourite make-up artist in the world, the lovely and super-talented Dorota Buczel at her great new studio in the Junction
3. The awesome band that will be playing, The Mad Housewives  - they never fail to entertain!

I'll be sure to share some pictures of these and all the other great parts of Amanda and Tim's big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear what you think :)