Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jane & Luis - Beautiful finished album

From the first time I met them, I knew I really liked Jane and Luis. They are quite simply awesome. We had a great time shooting their engagement photos, and their wedding last summer at the Gladstone Hotel was fantastic :)
So it was with great joy that we presented them with their finished album last night - and they loved it! This is a relatively new (to me) album company that I'm working with - Finao - and they make the most beautiful hand-crafted flushmount albums that I've ever seen. The choices for cover materials are nothing short of fantastic. And the attention to detail in the craftsmanship is above and beyond anything I imagined possible. Here's a peek at the album I designed for Jane and Luis...

The cover material they chose is called "Green Room".. I wish you could touch it right now!



Instead of being press-printed (like a coffee table style album), these are actual archival photographic prints flushmounted to board to give not only fantastic quality in terms of colour-matching and richness, but an incredibly solid and sturdy album..


I love how this style allows for an image to flow across the centre of the spread - it made it a very fun album to design :)


Jane & Luis thought a keyline to match with the cover material would be great - I couldn't agree more! (love those rounded corners..)


I had a custom studio die made up; they were a bit concerned about the fine details around the edges, but it turned out so beautifully!


I must admit, I was so in love with this album that it was a bit hard to see it go! It really makes me so happy to know that Jane & Luis will love and share it for many years to come :)

Thanks again to you both Jane & Luis for inviting us to share in this amazing celebration of your lives together!

xo
Jessica + Norman

{we love shooting weddings at funky venues - email us now if you're planning an awesome event and need awesome photographers to capture it!}

1 comment:

  1. Hi all, Jane here!
    How fortunate Luis and I were to meet Jessica! From our first meeting with her we knew there was something different in her approach. While other photographers quoted package prices, Jessica took the time to get to know us - our likes and dislikes, our individual styles, our values etc. As a true artist, she captured all of this and more in the final products she delivered. Her storytelling ability when packaging the photos was incredible. All of her suggestions and tips were were bang on. On our shoot days - when stress levels are high - Jessica and her fabulous assistant made us feel comfortable, at ease, and we all ended up actually having fun!
    I cannot recommend Jessica strongly enough. If you are looking for someone to capture your personality and the mood of the day, provide a personal touch, make you comfortable and work with you to deliver the package YOU want, HIRE THIS LADY!!!

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear what you think :)