Friday, February 15, 2013

Newborn Baby Sam at 6 weeks old :)

I've known Kim for years - she was actually one of my very first commercial clients way back when we both started our businesses. Since then, she's made a lot of beautiful jewellery and I've taken about a million photographs. We've both moved into our own studio spaces. I had the honour of photographing their day when Kim and Paul got married in October of 2008. And now, the sweetest thing I've ever photographed for Kim - her first baby boy: Sam. At 6 weeks he was the oldest "newborn" I've shot so far, and he had the hair and the strength to prove it! We spent a lovely and eventful afternoon capturing these proud new parents and their amazing little guy :)

I think this first shot is one of my favourite family photos ever..!
 Love this smile! We did a whole series of Sam on his tummy on the white duvet to match with a collection of awesome images taken of Paul when he was a tiny baby :)
 What I love best about this pose (below) is how Sam is only a cape away from being Superman! (the classic Bay blanket is pretty great too)
Kim & Paul - thank you so much for inviting us to be a part of this fantastic new step in your journey together :) With so much feisty character packed into such a small guy, I can't wait to see what he's like in the coming months!

xo
Jessica + Norman

{if you're expecting a tiny new addition to your own family and would love gorgeous maternity and newborn portraits of your own - email us now for more information! We also do gift certificates and registry - inquire for details!}

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jessica they're beautiful! You always capture the essence of whatever we are doing together! I can't wait to do it again when he gets older. So many of my favourite images in my life and career an are taken by you!

    Thanks for your professionalism, energy and friendship! And please thanks Norman for us too!

    XOKim

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear what you think :)